RacingLine Big Brake Upgrade KitVWR65P1GT-RED
Our new fast-road & track braking upgrade is packed with features, bringing a real supercar look and feel in the braking department – all at an affordable price.
- Lightweight Monoblock Brake Calipers (Front Pair)
- Caliper Mounting Brackets
- Full bolt mounting kit
- Braided Steel Brake Line Set
- Ceramic Sport Brake Pad Set
- Triple Groove Brake disc (Pair)
- Our lightweight Monoblock one-piece construction is usually reserved for the highest-specification motorsport kits, being vastly stiffer and lighter than the original calipers.
- The kit comes in at almost half the weight of the original for significant unsprung mass savings. The caliper, pads and bracket assembly weigh in at 4.4kg (9.7lb) vs 8.6kg (18.9lb) for the factory Golf R kit.
- A bigger, 330mm ‘triple-grove’ disc gives greater heat capacity, thus reducing the effect of fade.
- Smart design features such as our ‘Tru-Loc’ hub adaptor system plus built-in pad-wear indicators are all part of RacingLine’s typical attention to detail.
- Our extensive development programme on piston sizes gives beautiful progressive pedal feel – and that’s because (unlike many) we only develop brakes for VWG cars.
- 330x28mm one piece disc with directional curved cooling vanes
- Triple hook groove design for improved bite & debris clearance plus reduced distortion / vibration
- Cast Carbon disc material withstands high temperature stresses without excessive material expansion
- Composite Ceramic pads with working temperature 50C-700C & 0.48 friction rating
- Braided stainless steel brake lines for firm pedal response
Braking upgrades aren’t really about the stopping difference for a single stop.
No, The main reason for using bigger brakes is to increasing the heat capacity when you're stopping hard again and again. This really matters for repeated stopping when, say, you're running hard down a mountain pass with no cool-down, or working the car hard around the track.
This really shows on our testing. After just five hard stops from 60mph (100kmh), the difference in stopping distance between stock Golf 7.5R brakes and the RacingLine Performance Brakes is getting really noticeable. The factory brakes are fading fast, the pedal is getting closer to the floor and all the ‘bite’ has gone. Increase the speeds, or do more heavy stops and the factory brake set up is really starting to get beyond its limits.
Meanwhile, The RacingLine brakes perform the same on stop 5 as they did on stop 1. The pedal is firm, the bite is still there, and the feel underfoot is still as reassuring as ever. And ready for more.
- Fitment under your rims is often a challenge with a brake upgrade. Not with RacingLine's brake kits
- Our unique ‘Tru-Loc’ hub adaptor system allows you to mechanically lock 5, 7 or 10mm hub adaptors into the centre bell. Meaning no need for loose spacers to be added (and approved in markets where spacers are illegal).
- Changing your rims? Swapping from summer to winter wheels? No problem, select the appropriate ‘Tru-Loc’ adaptor width and carry on.
- Audi S1 2.0 TFSI 2015-2018
- Volkswagen Polo GTI 1.4 6R /1.8 6C
- Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 2017-2018 6J
We Also Recommend
Racingline 5mm Hub Adaptors/Spacers + Bolts Kit For Stage 2 / 3 Big Brake Kit
RacingLine Monoblock Performance Big Brake Upgrade Kit VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat BLACK
RacingLine Performance Big Brake Caliper Upgrade Kit VW Golf MK7 MK7.5 GTI/R/GTD
RacingLine Performance Big Brake Upgrade Kit VW Golf MK7 MK7.5 GTI/R/GTD Red